Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Sunday, June 19, 2011

Extended Family

  • One church. 
  • Two pastors guiding the service. 
  • Three young girls make Profession of Faith.
  • Four testimonies shared.
... and so many more reasons why I love my home church now days.  Lately we have been having Relationship Sundays, where we share testimonies during the service, and meet in small groups after the service.  Soup and buns are usually prepared so the people can just gather at their tables to not only share personal stories, answer ice-breaker questions, and discuss the sermon, but to also intentionally pray together.  I have cherished getting to know the older members.  Who knows, I might ask for a snow board on my 65th birthday too.

This morning was Profession of Faith, so it was extra special.  Hearing how God is working in the lives of the young people is both encouraging and rewarding.  Tears crossed my face as father's blessed their daughters, mentors received hugs and flowers, Bibles were given, and Michael's testimony was reread, but above all... God was glorified.

After the coffee time was over and most people had left the church, a special group stayed behind... the family and friends of the three who made Professions this morning.  Once again, I couldn't help but cherish my time with the Dekkema's, Frankruyters, and Ryzebol's.  I have been adopted into their families and I'm so glad.  These families are such a blessing to be a part of... they are lovable and huggable, humorous, and Godly, faithful, and caring.  I thank God for them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment