Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Tuesday, June 14, 2011

"12 days of..."

“On the twelve day of” ... I thought I would send another shout out to those of you I know who care! In my world, birthdays are a big deal, so I thought I’d send out a list of Prayer, Encouragement, and Financial Requests that would make my birthday absolutely amazing. I will be turning 35 and I’m not afraid to share that with the world. I’m still young and in love with Jesus... desiring to seek Him and follow His calling in my life. (Feel free to be a part of one, two, or three of these partnership teams!!)


For those of you on my PRAYER TEAM: (print off the following daily requests to remember to pray)

I am sending you 12 days of prayer requests, because life with God is always worth celebrating!

12) June 15 – Please pray for the children’s ministry that is still going on in Soroti, Uganda, in the church where I was serving (Pamba Baptist) in 2009. The leaders have been doing incredible ministry and the classes are growing in number and maturity.

11) June 16 – In continuation from June 15th, please pray that the leaders in Pamba will understand that I am coming back to Soroti to help other churches build up children’s programs – pray for peace and encouragement rather than jealousy and distrust.

10) June 17 – Praise God for the health recovery I have had in the past few weeks. Low iron was a major factor, but I’m still awaiting an EENT referral for swollen tonsils.

9) June18 – Pray that I will have time to meet with my mentor and spend quality time making sure my heart is right with God. We are studying a book called “Inside Out” by Dr. Larry Crab.

8) June 19 – Pray for “Team Beyond” – the team I am serving with in Soroti. We are striving to build unity – through emails, prayer, Skype, and blogs... may we make a difference in the name of God.

7) June 20 – Lift up the oppressed in Northern Uganda. I am hoping to travel out to the northern villages to encourage and counsel former child soldiers.... kids affected by the LRA (Lord’s Resistance Army) or the Karamajong cattle raiding tribes.

6) June 21 – Continue praying for my loved ones – as I am preparing to leave for at least a two year period of time before coming home. May we able to spend quality time together.

5) June 22 – Pray for my parents – My mom is a school teacher and a principal and another school year is coming to a close. Bring my dad before our Father as he is seeking a position in pastoral ministry.

4) June 23 – Pray that my car will not cost me a lot in repairs before I hope to sell it in the fall. It is a 2004 Cavalier that seems to have something to repair every time I take it in for an oil change.

3) June 24 – Lift up my packing and purchasing scenario... I am always pondering about or putting aside items that I need to take with me. I need to go through my belongings in storage and either give away, sell, or pack it with me.

2) June 25 – Of course, I can’t forget to ask you to pray for my financial situation. At the moment, I am at 40% of the on-going costs needed and I am so grateful. Pray that God will rise up more sponsors, and that people will feel comfortable asking me the questions needed to set up the support.

1) June 26 – Pray for my team leader, Tim Sliedrecht, as it is his birthday on this day. Pray for Tim and Angie as they guide, pastor, lead, encourage Team Beyond in Soroti. (Pray for my brother Brian as it is also his birthday.  )

June 27 – CELEBRATE 35 years of life!!

For those on my ENCOURAGEMENT TEAM, start writing those birthday cards because who knows if Canada Post will be able to deliver it on time.

For those on my FINANCIAL SUPPORT TEAM, please know that I am so grateful for all that you have given or pledged so far. If you would still like to give, please send your donations to:

International Teams Canada, 1 Union Street, Elmira, ON, N3B 3J9 Canada

Or International Teams USA, 411 W. River Rd, Elgin, IL, 60123

Or check out www.iteams.org for online giving.

Here are my financial needs.  I am not able to leave for Uganda until I reach 100% funding.

In keeping with the “12 days of...” I still need to raise $24720 a year, but that can be broken down into 12 one-time donations of: $2060

Or on each of the next 12 days, I need to raise at least $171/month. I ask that you prayerfully consider joining me in doing God’s work in Uganda.

Happy trails everyone! I look forward to the next 12 days of journeying through life with all of you. Please let me know how I can pray for you also.

Karen Lubbers





No comments:

Post a Comment