Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Tuesday, June 28, 2011

35 Years!!

When I awoke yesterday morning, I turned on my computer to find a barrage of Facebook messages.  The numbers kept pouring in as people were wishing me a very Happy Birthday.  I was beyond blessed and couldn't keep up with each message individually.  I heard footsteps upstairs, as someone found their way to the office... and soon I received this FB message:

As the Papa Bear rises from his den on this glorious morning his first thoughts are of his now grown little bear Kare Bear who is celebrating a birthday today. His thoughts go back to the many years she has been blessed with birthdays and is so proud of her. He thinks he will go to the water and a catch a great big salmon for his Kare Bear and together they will share a grand lunch. Oh How pleased she will be and how happy this birthday will be because they share it together. I love you baby bear, he thinks as he rises to meet the day. Happy Birthday, Papa Bear.

Well, that message made my day.  I ran upstairs and said... "Dad, let's go fishing!"  We spent a short while getting the "LubTub" prepared and the fishing poles organized before driving out to Lake Simcoe.  With a container of dew worms and a sunshine filled sky, we putted out to a 20 foot deep black buoy and dropped anchor.  And there the fun began!

I started reeling in first.  Catfish 2, Perch 3, Sunfish 3, Bass 2... and then I stopped counting.  Four hours of peace and bliss on the boat as the fish nibbled on our worms.  For extra catching pleasure I took one of the small perch and cut it up into small bait-sized pieces.  I put both a piece of perch and a worm on the hook and called it (in the words of Bill Cosby) a "bacon burger dog".  :)  For lunch we ate left over chicken pot pie that we brought on the boat and nicely cut up kiwi and apple.  The fruit was kind of a unique eating experience, because I would go from worm, to fish, to lake water, to fruit... and a smile would cross my face as I thought the kiwi had the texture of fresh raw fish.  Yum Yum.

Dad and I headed for shore when we both realized we had a bit too much sun and enough fish were caught for Dad to have dinner.  (We threw back close to 40 fish in the lake.)  I challenged myself to volunteering to back up the boat trailer to get the boat out of the water.  I really want to learn to reverse park a trailer - I shall not be defeated.  It took a while, but I was able to do it!!

I went home to shower and dress up for a ladies night out.  The party room was booked at Shoeless Joes for ladies to drop by and have dinner.  A nice number of friends - from church, work, and life showed up for a great evening of conversation and laughter.  My "newest" friend came in with three hilium filled birthday balloons, and it made the party come to life.  :)  Cards, gifts and hugs topped off the night. 

Truly a great birthday!!  I love being 35!  God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment