Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Monday, June 13, 2011

Homey Bear

I received this email the other day and wanted to share it with you... it's a response to my request to find out where all of my knitted bears are.

Aunt Karen & Bones


I am sometimes jealous when I read of all the adventures that you are on but when I look at some of the pictures that you send back of laying out in the desert suffering from heat stroke or water starved, and then kidnapped by who knows who, enduring all those late night trips in the cargo holds of airplanes and the miles over bump roads; well I am just thankful that I have a nice warm place in the bedroom of Mama Bear and Papa Bear. Most days I spend guarding the pillows where they sleep every night but I will admit that I occasionally spend the day on the floor under a heap of pillows when they forget to make the bed.

For the most part I don’t mind it here in this quiet room because it gives me lots of time to think about you and remember the times we are able share when you are home but then it also is my job to remind the Mama Bear and Papa Bear to say their prayers for you both when you are away. I don’t know if they realize it or not but I can hear every word they say in the bedroom and they often talk about you and what you are doing and they pray for you regularly because they miss you guys when you are on the road. I still hope that they take me with them on the road sometimes because they do like to travel.  I hear about trips to Seattle, Myrtle Beach, Hilton Head, Alberta and Grand Rapids; even some long ones to Holland and the Philippines where you were, but I never got to come along. I did get to go on a camping trip once with them.

I guess I will go on in the way things are and I am reminded of the scripture passage from Philippians 4:10-13, “I rejoiced greatly in the Lord that at last you renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you were concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.” I am so happy for all of your adventures Bones and I hope you keep on sharing them with me because that way I can dream of being there with you.


Always a Homey
The Bed Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment