Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Saturday, October 15, 2011

Faithfulness in Hidden Places

Tucking a pillow under my arm, I walked out of the house for the second time in 8 days.  I was off to my nephew's third birthday party this morning.  It's not easy to watch silently in the corner as the kids play, and I was definitely jealous as my family chowed down on the wonderful spread that my brother laid out.  For the first time ever I tried an Eggs Benedict and it's pretty yummy though.  Yes, I'm starting to eat and talk more since my tonsillectomy, but I still have bouts with pain, nausea, and extreme fatigue.  It's strange how much quieter my world is when I can't physically add to the conversations around me, but it does give me more time ponder an even greater list of thankfulness to a faithful God.
1. My family - for being so fun, and loving, and striving to see the children raised in the name of the Lord.
2. For a local church who just called to offer me a one-time gift for missions.  Wow!  Praise God.
3. For another church calling to see if I could come and speak on November 12th... They are taking me on as one of their on-going missionaries and I am so excited to share God's story in Uganda with them.
4. For friends who call, email, or send cards to check up on me during this time of recovery.
5. I even thank God for Internet - it makes a lot of my communication from the couch possible.

Week 3. We Thank God for His Faithfulness
Day 6: October 15

Read: 1 Peter 2:5
"You also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ."

Today we pray for:
For our Church Family in Bethel

No comments:

Post a Comment