Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Christmas Among the Costumes

Mad Hatter hats, colourful wigs, sparkly dresses, and spooky masks adorn the aisles of the second-hand store... my stationary section has been rearranged so it took me a while to find the Christmas and birthday cards I was searching for.  Slightly ahead of the season, I know, but it takes me a while to get over 300 cards ready to go for the end of the year.  I wiped myself out though trying to peruse through a few stores.  I can't believe how much energy this tonsillectomy has taken away from me. 

Tonight I started compiling my lists for Canadian, US, and International mailings and smiled as I remembered about how rare it is for me to actually create lists.  Then I started thinking that maybe I should start making a list about all that needs to be done in the next month and a half before I hope to move to Uganda.... here is a rough sketch of what crossed my mind:
  • raise the other 30% needed to live and serve in Uganda
  • spend time with my niece and nephews
  • speak at Rehoboth Fellowship CRC in Bowmanville on November 6th
  • finish my role as support worker on November 12th
  • speak at Williamsburg CRC on November 13th
  • visit old friends and family from the area where I grew up
  • take a road trip to Grand Rapids, MI to catch up with college mates
  • and maybe take in American Thanksgiving in St. Louis, MO
  • decide whether to have a good-bye party, or a Coffee House fundraiser, or both
  • have a commissioning service with my sending church - Bethel CRC
  • pack my bags or bins, after doing some last minute shopping for necessities and wants
  • write 300+ Christmas cards
  • follow-up with my surgeon
  • and so much more  :)
Week 4. We Pray for the Discovery Weekend
Day 2: October 18

Read: Hebrews 10:25
"Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another - and all the more as you see the Day approaching."

Today we pray for:
The attendance during the Discovery weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment