Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Loving the Lilacs

On the kitchen table is a vase of purple lilacs and the aroma wafts through not only the dining area, but also the sitting room.  I love it... and normally I have allergies to smelly, perfumy flowers, cleaners, colognes, etc, but lilacs I love.  The lilacs remind me of a beautiful bush we used to have on the end of the driveway when I was a kid in Whitechurch.  It is also the season for lilacs in this neck of the woods.  I feel like I have been spending a lot of time in my car lately, but that's okay because I see God's glory shining all around - in the greenery, the farm land and animals, the spring flowers and the lilac bushes. 

 Lilacs are not the only sweet thing filling my days though. I am reminded lately of how blessed I am. First - with my own family. Jaxsen and Kylee were here for a sleep over on Saturday night and much to Mom's dismay, they stayed awake til I got home from work at 10:20 pm so we could play walkie talkie hide-and-seek and a short scavenger. Their hugs are the best!!

Sunday was another great service at church, where the youth led worship, testimonies were shared, and the sermon challenged us to love one another on a deeper level. To put the love into practise we broke up in to small group after church and shared soup and buns, conversation and prayer.

After church I joined the Dekkema family for a birthday celebration. I am amazed some days at how they have become like family to me. They really ARE an extended family to me and I thank the Lord for the friends who have become great brothers and sisters in the Lord.

 Yesterday I raced from work to Cookstown KOA to spend a lovely evening with my dear friends and former landlords. Wow, they went out of their way to prepare porkchops, baked potatoes, veggies, and salads. Their friendship has always been so encouraging to me and they are great role-models of God's love and wisdom. Together we read Psalm 103 and delighted in God's goodness. As I drove home during sunset, those purple lilacs popped out once again and made me finish the day saying: "Praise the Lord, O my Soul, Praise the Lord!"

No comments:

Post a Comment