Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Friday, May 27, 2011

Planned and Unplanned Encouragement

The day is only half over and already I have been so blessed.  Early this morning I noticed a memo stuck to the kitchen cupboards that I was to call my doctor.  The lab reports had come back and he wanted me to come in and see him - I found out that my iron is really low.  Finally, I might have some answers as to why I've been exhausted lately.  That's only step one though - GI Track test and EENT visit are still coming up.  Pray that they happen soon!

At 10 am I drove over to Coffee Culture to meet with a wonderful couple who serve with Global Recordings and I was super excited about the children's ministry material they have to use in Africa.  I am able to share Bible stories with the Ugandan children in their own languages and that is awesome.  Simple pictures, well laid out plans, and a clear Gospel presentation.  It was a blessing to meeting with others who have been raising support and serving God overseas for over 30 years.

From the coffee shop I drove over to the medical clinic to meet up with my doctor once again.  While sitting in the waiting room, there was only one other lady biding her time as well.  We started chit chatting about the plants in the room and talking about American Idol (due to CNN).  It didn't take long to realize that this wonderful grandmother was a woman of strong faith.  We had twenty minutes to talk and I watched her pray for other patients as they walked out of the doctors office.  She took my prayer card and promised to pray for my time in Uganda and she would send a donation.  Wow, I am so encouraged!!

O, another sweet encouragement this week came from an old friend in the Philippines.  One of the youth I met with often during my time in Cagayan de Oro emailed and said that even though her and her husband can barely get by with the few pesos they have, they want to be a part of the ministry in Soroti.  They are speaking to their church and hope to sell extra crops at the market so they can help support missions in Africa.  Wow, again, I am encouraged to see God's people pull together around the world to spread the Gospel. 

Just for fun, I want to share my favourite song from the Idol finale... it has a theme of how I want to live my life.  We can not plan for the rapture... I want to live each day serving God to my best abilities.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen, I am glad to know that you have had a good day this day. May you have good health and continue your ministry.

    ReplyDelete