Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Monday, May 23, 2011

Left Behind

The car was unpacked just before 9 pm.  I recall seeing him attached to my yellow back pack when I came into the house.  I went straight to my room, remembering that I still had laundry to fold and a bed to make up with fresh sheets before I crashed for the night.  The duvet took a bit of work but eventually the fluffy cover was thrown over the single bed. 
Being side tracked by the computer and then deciding to take a bath it was probably two hours before I started to realize that something was wrong.  I couldn't find him when I was going to bed.  I thought "oh well, I will see him tomorrow", but then, as I was tossing under the covers I knew I needed to have him in my arms yet again.  I started to search: lifting all the covers, checking out the shadowy spots under the bed, turning on all the lights and climbing the stairs, I search out the kitchen and front hall.  No luck.
I went back to my room and sat on the edge of my bed.  Honestly, I started to cry - thinking, "how could I have lost you?" 
A wave of thought crossed my mind.  At 11:47 pm I tip toe outside in my fishy pajamas and creep down the sidewalk.  Rounding the corner of the house I spot my car and a lump on the ground.  Lying in the gutter, beside the back wheel was a sad looking bear.  Face down, he looked so depressed.  I could hear Bones saying "Karebear, how could you leave me behind for so many hours?  I've been all alone, fearing the rain or the strangers.  I forgive you, but please take me inside."
Picking up my snugly teddy bear I walked inside.  "Bones, I am so sorry" I pondered and peacefully went back downstairs to my room in the basement.  I would sleep much better with him tucked under my elbow.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Karen! When I first saw the title of this post I wondered if it was about the Rapture! :))
    Poor Bones. I'm so glad you went and found him, you crazy girl. :)

    ReplyDelete