Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Friday, November 5, 2010

Sheep World

Packing up this morning, it was hard to believe that a week has already passed in New Zealand.  Driving back to Auckland we decided to stop at Sheep World for a very entertaining show about sheep dogs and sheep shearing.  I know my friend Michelle, back home in Ontario, would not be impressed with the sheep shearing bit, but I was quite enthralled by how well trained the dogs are and the different roles that they play.  5 dogs can bring in 8500 sheep from over the hills.  Incredible.

Rounding up the Sheep

My favourite Ram

Yes, I was actually Shearing... I'll bring home the wool to prove it!

Feeding Time for a two week old

Lamb Cuddles

A Possum found a New Home!
Possums are slightly different here than back home.  But they have the coolest feeling tail... fuzzy on top with a rubber, rat-like gripping texture underneath so they can hold on to trees. A friendly pest.
Brooke and I
 Just a little further up the road we stopped again at another beautiful vineyard.  Ransom Wines... while the other adults sampled wines, I played with Sophia in the gardens. 

1 comment:

  1. Please, please take lots of sheep pictures for me. I love the ones on your site. Really enjoying travelling with you via your blog on your holiday. Check for posting from you daily. Praying back here in Canda, enjoy your holiday
    Julie

    ReplyDelete