Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Monday, November 15, 2010

Finishing Touches in NZ

I thought I would send a fun photo gallery of my last two days in New Zealand.  I spent those days with the Scott family, enjoying some more local Auckland sights and sounds.
 Brooke and I went with the girls to One Tree Hill... a gorgeous park area surrounds the old volcano.
 Baby Zoe is fast asleep as we strolled the gardens.
 Sophia loves to play at the park.  (And the parks here are amazing. If I ever have kids, I hope they can play in parks as creative, safe, super fun as the ones here!!)
 Brooke and Sophia - tree truck treasures!
 I'm a fan of the trees too.
 The sheep were in the park too... we hung out with them in green pastures.  Cornwall Park surrounds the base of One Tree Hill.  A perfect family getaway.
 Departing Auckland after breakfast, Travis, Sophia and I drove 1.5 hours south of Auckland to Paeroa.  We stopped for snack at the Talisman Cafe before setting out for an hour long tramp.
 Karangahake Gorge was the day's destination
 Heading in to a 1070 m long train tunnel... I'm excited to see what's on the other side.
 No tracks in the old tunnel... just a few puddles and lots of courage.
 Travis, Sophia, and I loved our trek... the first nicely hot day I've had in NZ.
 Poser Perfection :)
 The famous L&P soda in Paeroa... world famous.
Back in Auckland, I decided to walk up to Western Park and view the architectural remains that are buried in the grass there.

No comments:

Post a Comment