Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Friday, November 5, 2010

Dreams Do Come True

Nov. 4: Thursday

Today’s the day I knocked another dream off my list of childhood fantasies. Driving along the winding, hilly roads, Catherine and I made our way to Pakiri Horse Back Riding stables. We signed in, found helmets that fit our shapely heads and waited for our horses to be brought out to us. The trail leader, Susan, asked me if I wanted I good strong horse. I sure did!! “Rose” was brought out to me and I mounted with ease. It felt good to be back up on such a majestic creature. (The last time was in the Philippines when I got knocked off on the side of a volcano in 2004.)
 Four riders and two guides; we crossed the road and slowly made our way to the beach. WOW! We settled in and then went for a trot. At the half way point, the horses made their way up to the dunes and the group split in half. Catherine and I wanted to be more adventurous and our leader was willing to take us cantering. We had three attempts. On the first one, our horses weren’t ready. Second hill, my horse opened up and gave me a great ride. Third attempt, I lost my footing in the stirrup and ended up having to stop, grasping the horse’s mane so that I didn’t fall off. The sandy path wound around grassy hills, and through small forests containing clusters of daisies, and other yellow and purple flowers. As the hour was coming to a close we rode high above a creek that was struggling to survive, then crossed in a pool of water and clopped back to the stables.

It felt good to be on top of a horse again.

1 comment:

  1. you should go riding in cuba through the valleys. no helmet and all the galloping you want! for 4 hours with indequate equipment! you'll love it the next day! it was so awesome! seriously! but it sounds like horseback riding on a beach in new zealand and shearing a sheep might be added to my "bucket list"!! very cool! living vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete