Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Thursday, November 5, 2009

Lasts

Yesturday we had our last official team-meeting. Things are changing quickly here in Soroti.
This evening Sarah, Mandy, and I got together for our last Bible study before the Shaardas head back to the States. We checked out Psalm 59 and reflected on how God truly protects us and guides us, even when we are unaware. But sometimes we are aware, and we thank Him for that too... like a few weeks ago when a local thief came to my gate. Somehow the goosebumps on my arm told me to not even let this guy in the compound and thankfully the guard was there to back me up. Or how some young kids who were riding a bicycle far too big for their little legs weaved uncontrollably in front of me and we almost collided... only God knows how I stopped in time - with both feet jumping off the bike.
Tomorrow will be my last day of teaching little Miss Lydia and then we are heading out on my bike to Mama's. It is a restaurant that looks like a shack or a hole in the wall and serves local food, but that is Lydia's choice for our celebration meal. It's actually a yummy place to eat! :)
This month is my last full month in Uganda (for now). It's hard to imagine what I have yet to do here or what God wants me to do still. How many more times will I read to my friends, bike to town, lead worship or teach Sunday school? How often will I be able to visit with friends or speak to people in the villages? How many more times will I faintly hear the calls to prayer coming from the Muslim mosque or be able to chat with my Indian friends in town?
I must admit, as much as I get culturally frustrated here, I really love it and don't really want to be leaving. I have a feeling God is calling me back to Uganda. Praying for direction.

1 comment:

  1. We are excited to hear about your desire and sense of God's calling you to come back to Uganda! We will definitely pray for direction!

    ReplyDelete