Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Friday, September 18, 2009

A Special Ride

This afternoon I went back to my friend James and Norah's house. They now have 12 orphans living under their wings. When I got to the yard, little Aaron and David came running to give Auntie Karen the sweetest hugs. When I sat down to watch a group of young ladies sort seeds for making necklaces these two precious boys fought for a place on my lap, but a girl named Joanne also joined them. Three years old.... all of them, and absolutely adorable.

After a half hour of playing it was time for me to go. I had to bike into Soroti town to drop off a few things and buy some groceries for a barbeque that will be held at my house tomorrow night. Well, Joanne wanted to come to town with me and I thought that would be kind of fun. These kids hardly get off the compound and so I gained permission and placed her on the back of my bike. She sat on the rack and held on to the back of my seat.

When we got to the tiny OM Supermarket, Joanne's eyes lit up. I let her pick a drinking box and some sweets (But we also choose some juice mix and cookies for the rest of her friends back at the compound.) She was super excited. Joanne got home around 5:30 and sweetly went into the yard holding two packages of biscuits which she happily shared. What a special day for me!! Just to share some special time with Joanne. But I can tell you, Aaron wasn't happy that I took Joanne, so next time, I shall have to take him.

No comments:

Post a Comment