Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Wednesday, September 16, 2009

It could have been a Disaster!

I woke up this morning at 7 am and went through my morning routine. I was getting ready to go to school at 8:40 when I heard some strange dripping. I thought I would go and check it out. Well, my bathroom was slightly flooded. The ball had broken off it's hinge inside the toilet tank and was creating a mess. A quick call to my team-mate Josiah and we were temporarily able to remedy the problem. I can't imagine how much water would have been in my house if I hadn't heard that sound just moments before going out the door.

After school I biked to Soroti town and first went to visit the Electricity company. They will not cut me off, as my bill suggested on Monday, because they now see that there is credit on my account. Yeah, I will still have power. Then I found the street full of hardware stores and began exploring amongst the realms of men. I found what I was looking for, hopped on my bike and headed for home. Now I just need to install it.

.... later on, I shocked the guard as I walked back to the garage with a toolbox. He couldn't believe that I could fix a toilet. Ha Ha Ha... I am a jack of all trades!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen. Just found your blogspot,and the trouble with your bathroom trone......lol, not funny Eh...Us women have to learn to do things for themselfs,I am finding that out more and more these days. Tonight i'll read more of your blogspot, have to make something to eat now. Godbless, Corry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen. I spent a good 1 1/2 hour reading i enjoyed it a lot. pictures are wonderful, I only got as far as April about your backyard monkeys and you eating fried flying white Ants. juck juck. It seems you are enjoying your new life in Uganda.
    hey it's September 16. My brothers Birthday,
    God Bless.
    Corry.

    ReplyDelete