Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Friday, September 25, 2009

Road trip to Mbale

Yesturday, I went with my team-mates, Sarah and Josiah, to Mbale to get our visas renewed. Yeah... we were successful! I can stay in Uganda for another three months. The Lord is good. Actually, the process was very easy and the immigration officer was super friendly. He called me Mama though... and I know he looked at my passport, but I'm not sure he really knows how old I am. But Mama seemed a fitting name on that day because Sarah had been braiding my hair earlier in the morning and pulled out three grey hairs. What? Gray? Me? I don't get stressed much... or do I? Or is it just old age. :)



Since we had traveled the 90 km to Mbale, and we only needed to be at immigration for maybe a half an hour, we decided to walk over to Mt. Elgon hotel for some delicious food and peaceful swimming. The view was incredible as the pool was beside field of busy farmers at the base of gorgeous foothills. We read, relaxed, and I swam a ton... maybe two hours. I couldn't help it, even when I felt my skin burning. :) But I am paying for it today. This mzungu skin can't handle that much sun. Praise God for aloe vera.

1 comment:

  1. I guess that was a rough day when those children were hit. Is it a busy corner?How awful.
    I guess you could use the relaxing day yesterday even though you got burned while swimming. Use that aloe vera generously.
    God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete