Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Friday, September 11, 2009

Riots in Kampala

Yesturday riots began in Kampala... but for those of you who don't know the map of Uganda, I am not very close to Kampala, and still very safe. But I have received an email from the Canadian consulate, recommending that I stay away from Kampala for a now, or if I was there, to stay indoors with rather tight security. Well, I am not there, but I have friends who are there, so I would ask that you pray for peace in Kampala.... and that the government will once again make wise decisions. (I was supposed to be in Kampala today for a Kirk Franklin concert - I guess the Lord knew I was not to attend!)

This week I have had a fun week. I have been able to drive again. Some friends of mine let me drive their Land Cruiser all over town and three hours to another city called Lira. I went with Fida to encourage some pastors, visit fields of cassava, and pray for a government school that is in major need of repair after the war. I had thought that my trip to Lira was going to be one day, but it turned into an overnighter. I made sure to sleep under the net for sure since I couldn't take my malaria pill unexpectedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment