Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Post Office

I wrote a few letters this afternoon and went to bring them to the post office. I arrived right at 5 pm when the post office was closing. I quickly looked in my mailbox and saw the receipts of two boxes that had arrived. I wanted those boxes. The one guy saw me as he was locking up and I said, "Please, can I pick up my parcels!" Well, he looked at me, and my bike, and he said "Karen, you won't be able to carry those boxes." Yep, he knew who I was... and I knew I had been expecting these boxes for a while. I convinced him to give them to me anyways and he even tied them to the back of my bike for me!!
I went home to open the boxes from a very special family back home. I found lots of stuffed animals and baby clothes. (Thanks for going above and beyond!!)
Well, outside my gate there was a baby with only a t-shirt on and a thick diaper. I was able to give the boy some new clothes.
Then I went to find little Joshua. He is always terrified of me, and now I see that he is also not used to toys that rattle. But he will soon get used to it.
Henry and Lydia were absolutely excited though!
Thank you for blessing some Ugandans. Tell the boys that I will give their gifts to some very special and needy children.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am so happy to see they arrived, in one piece even! Jacob sat here with me and I showed him the pictures. As soon as he saw the boxes he said, "mommy, those go to Tante Bear in Africa!" I wasn't sure if he would remember sending them to you. Her looked at the pictures and recognized the stuff right away. He saw the clothes and yelled "McQueen!" In the bottom of the picture is a plaid shirt and on the back is lightning McQueen. LOL He remembered Caleb wearing it. :)

    Of course, I had tears of joy seeing that it made it into the hands of some kids that would enjoy them. Thank you Karen for taking some pictures for us. We are so lucky and blessed to have these things to share.

    ReplyDelete