Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Team Time

Since my arrival a week ago I have been so very blessed to get to know my team.  Team Beyond is now much bigger – with 6 families and 3 singles, or 15 adults and 15 children.  The dynamics are so different compared to the last time I was here, but it is still so incredible.  The Team had it prearranged that I would spend at least one meal a day with each family so that I could get to know them better, and I feel like I have been spoiled because of all the delicious meals.  Stuffed green peppers, egg salad sandwiches, spaghetti with home-made rolls, creamy pasta, tacos.... most of these are local ingredients, but some families chose to share their “American” treats with me.  I have enjoyed hearing people’s testimonies and hearts for ministry.

Today we had a two and a half hour team meeting – it was a time to share our highs and lows right now – whether physical, emotional, or spiritual, children, or ministry, etc.  My team leader has also assigned us the book “When Helping Hurts” and that has been a real eye opener for the definition of poverty.  I hope to share more on this book soon.
Tonight all the ladies on the team came over for an evening Bible study.  Apparently they come over to Beckie’s (my) house every Wednesday night for a Bible study, prayer, and fellowship.   Tonight we took a very close look at Deuteronomy 4.  A verse that really stood out to me was “But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul.” Vs. 29

This posting seems a bit choppy, but I wanted to write just a little before I went to bed to tell you how some of my first week was filled.  Tomorrow I’m off to the village to spend a “Sports Day” with the CAAF kids (CAAF = Children Affected by Armed Forces).  Apparently I’m supposed to bring a message in the morning, so please pray that God will give me wisdom, courage, and insight as preaching was not on my game plan.  J  I’ll just call it a teaching!!

No comments:

Post a Comment