Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Saturday, December 17, 2011

"Let it Rain"

Sniffles arise as tears start to flow, rain sprinkles down on the edge of the Nile. 
Generations of sin are being brought to the foot of the cross.
Wrapped in a shawl, I pray for my heart to be transformed, but also for the nation of Uganda.  I am beyond grateful for the childhood that I had - with Christian parents and grandparents, a safe village, great friends, and boys who have always treated me with respect.  My heart breaks for my Ugandan companions - abuse, neglect, curses, confusions, incest, abortions, rape, beatings, failed crops and shame torment them.
"Hear these praise of a grateful heart, each time I think of You the praises start.  I love You so much, Jesus, I love You so much!"
How can I even begin to thank God for the blessings in my life?  Over and over I hear God say "You are mine!", "I love you!"  How awesome it is to be a daughter of the King of kings!  I don't know what it is about being on African soil, but I'm constantly reminded that I'm a Princess - But only a princess, a royal gal, in the eyes of my Heavenly Father.  I never want to be "royalty" here in Uganda - just a servant of my Master who desires to see this struggling land transformed by the grace and forgiveness of the cross, through the Holy Spirit. 
For the past few days, God has placed Isaiah 60-62 across my path.  "your heart will throb and swell with joy." ... "Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you." ... "I delight greatly in the Lord, my soul rejoices in my God."
God will rejoice over ME!
These verses of joy are scattered throughout chapters of how God will "restore the places long devastated."  Pray with me, that those 16 of us who are going through a "Transformation of the Heart" at Mto Moyoni will be able to walk/speak/dance in freedom, so that those around us may also see God's heart and be renewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment