Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Monday, July 2, 2012

Holding High

The warm waters rush over you; whirlpools surround you with the desire to suck you in.  Everything seems foggy and you can get steamed up.  After a while it's hard to breathe...
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands.  And he is not served by human hands as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."  Acts 16:24-25

Lately I have been so grateful to God for the peace, comfort, and/or joy that He has given me through many trials lately.
I have seen God move when:
  1. My bicycle was taken in Soroti town and then later returned to me.
  2. I was bumped on the KLM airline - but soon was able to encourage 8 others as we spent an extra evening in Amsterdam.
  3. Delightfully all of my luggage was returned to me after 4.5 days of hiding in airports from Paris to Toronto.
  4. My car key was misplaced for 24 hours, and yet I had peace that I would find it again.
  5. Even though some thief was able to make 5 ATM withdrawals with my debit card, I was able to stay calm, and thankfully the bank's insurance recovered all of my losses.
  6. I thought that all of my furniture would be in place when I returned to Soroti (and it wasn't), but I'm glad God has given me "go with the flow" attitude - so that I can just peacefully go about shopping for each piece that I need to make my house a home - a bed, fridge, stove, dining table and chairs... and more are needed, but it's all coming together.  
  7. Third round of plumbing issues could make some people's blood boil, but for some reason, I feel like maybe God wants me to get to know Plumber Julius.
This list doesn't really even begin to list how I feel inside.  I am choosing to journey with God each and every day and it's amazing to see how He leads and guides me each step of the way. 
"God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out and find him, though he is not far from each one of us."  Acts 16:27
These thoughts came to me as I was relaxing in a hot-tub in Ontario.  Steamy, foggy, rushing waters can sometimes feel overwhelming, but then I remember that I can stand up and get out.  Life is much clearer when you reach out to God!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Karen for sharing this, yes iit is all about perspective and how we choose to view things. Viewing them through Gods eyes always ends in Blessing.

    ReplyDelete