Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Sunday, October 10, 2010

Ride for Refuge

I sent out this email earlier today, but thought I should post in on my blog as well!
Dearest Friends and Family,
I am writing this message on behalf of MOM because she is shy about fundraising (and I used to be!!). And I feel like I can ask for her, because it is a cause I am deeply involved in. On Saturday, October 16, Mom is biking 25km for "Ride for Refuge". Our church has 5 people biking to raise money for the ministries that are happening in Soroti, Uganda. Team Beyond - the team I served with last year, is raising money to continue assisting former child soldiers, and is also in the process of opening an orphanage for truly desperate children. I am proud of Team Beyond and wish that I could be there with them (and probably will be soon), but for now, I can support them with my heart and prayers.
I am unable to ride on Saturday, due to work, but MOM was excited to ride again. Would you be willing to support MOM in her ride? Donations can be given on-line (and are tax-receiptable) at: http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=1011388&LangPref=en-CA Click on "Sponser Me" beside Cathy Lubbers and go from there! It is on the website for "Ride for Refuge Canada". Or email MOM and let her know you are willing to support her. You can send her cheques: written out to "Ride for Refuge" and put Cathy Lubbers in the memo section. It's happening this week, so email me and let me know if you are willing to sponsor her on behalf of my Team Beyond. Together, let's make a difference for the Lord in Uganda!
Karen Lubbers
Actually, if you are an American, you can sponsor a team in Grand Rapids that is riding also for Team Beyond in Soroti. Sponsor the team at this site: http://my.e2rm.com/TeamPage.aspx?teamID=185596&langPref=en-CA. Thank you everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment