Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Saturday, October 30, 2010

Auckland, New Zealand

One in the morning and I finally cleared customs, ending my long transit across four countries.  I quickly spotted my buddy Travis, who drove me to his quaint little home in Freeman's Bay.  We chatted for a bit while I crunched on a bowl of cereal and then I finally crashed on a wonderfully stiff bed.

Saturday, October 30 started off as a quiet day.  Tea, relaxing, a nap, as the rains poured outside, but later in the day we headed for Muriwai beach.  A landing point for gannets... a white and yellow bird.


Can you find the two love birds?
Stunning scenery and then a trip to Dante's Pizza for supper.  Thin crust with chillies, speck bacon, cheese, all cooked in an authentic fire oven.  A winner in my books.

Last night Brooke and I ventured out to an expat and friends Halloween Party.  I brought with a Native Indian costume that Mom uses for teaching and Brooke went as Pipi Long Stocking.
We thought we looked pretty good until we arrived and noticed a spooky pathway that lead to the back yard.  Close to 30 people were milling about, enjoying a great barbecue and showing off their costumes.  Hokey smokes did these people ever dress up.  Rental costumes, glued on extremities, painted faces and ad libbed characters.
The inside of the home had spooky music playing, with a ghost playing the piano and another man lying in the bath tub.  Spiders decorated the toilet area while a black cat preened through the home.

The games were fun.  Every person was given a tin can, which was placed directly in front of them, on the floor.  The each person received a black garbage bag with an orange inside.  One had to hold the garbage bag behind their backs and swing it so that the orange gathered enough momentum to knock the can... across the room.  It was so funny watching Brooke win!
The second game got us all out of our comfort zone.  We lined up in groups of 10.  The first person was given an orange, which was place under their chin.  The second person had to take the orange from the first person, without using their hands.  So neck to neck, with some hilarious poses, the oranges were passed down the line.  I am proud to say that my team won!!  I didn't know I was so experienced.  :)

Home by ten because it was a cold outdoor party and I really needed to crash.

No comments:

Post a Comment