Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My KitKat Moments

Yes, I found time to "have a break today!"
Driving around the country side, near Schomberg, I spotted a jockey riding a horse over jumps, a combine bringing in the crops, and a pair of beady eyes staring me down from the side of the road. Those eyes brought the first line of my sixth grade speech back to the front of my memories: "I remember the summer I spent with a thief and he stole my heart!" Ladies and Gentlemen, that thief's name was Bandit, my pet racoon. Bandit used to sit on my shoulder and play with my hair, using his intricate little hands. He had the cutest purr as he awaited corn on the cob or some other special treat for dinner. I know that most people see racoons as pests, but they are my most favourite animal. The diversity of fall colours and landscapes grips my heart every day right now!
As I was driving around, the word "fall" started swimming around in my thinking. I pondered how Adam and Eve fell when they ate the forbidden fruit. And now how all of humankind is a fallen people. No matter how hard we try, we will never be perfect. Thankfully, God sent his one and only Son to die for us.... so that if we repent of our fallen nature, he will cleanse us and call us His own. God loves us and really wants us to live in the perfect garden of eternity with Him.
And then to spot a rainbow at the end of the day, for me, once again sealed the promise that God will never again destroy all of His people. O, what a glorious God we serve!
How Great Thou Art (O Lord My God!)
by Stuart K. Hine
O Lord my God! when I in awesome wonder
Consider all the works Thy hand hath made
I see the stars, I hear the mighty thunder
Thy power throughout the universe displayed

Then sings my soul, my Saviour God to Thee
How great Thou art! How great Thou art!
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee
How great Thou art! How great Thou art!

When through the woods and forest glades
I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees
When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur
And hear the brook, and feel the gentle breeze

And when I think that God His Son not sparing
Sent Him to die-I scarce can take it in
That on the cross my burden gladly bearing
He bled and died to take away my sin

When Christ shall come with shout of acclamation
And take me home-what joy shall fill my heart!
Then shall I bow in humble adoration
And there proclaim, my God, how great Thou art!
© 1953 Stuart K. Hine



No comments:

Post a Comment