Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Colourful Creation

All week I was looking forward to a day off of work, so that I could drive north and explore the fall colours. When I woke up yesterday morning, I was so excited to see that the sun was shining, and the sky was that perfect blue that I love, with fluffy white clouds. My heart sings as I head out on the highway... to destination number 1: Base Borden. Slowing down to 15 km an hour, I keep my eyes open for deer and men in camoflauge. :) On this day, I was unable to spot any troops doing marching drills, but I was still filled with a sense of pride, knowing that Canada also plays a part in bringing peace around the world. I headed to the home of a military police office to catch up with a friend of mine.
We chatted for a few moments, then loaded up the car with her 11 month old son and drove even further north to Wasaga Beach, destination #2. Wasaga is a hopping summer destination, but it was absolutely quiet on this fresh fall day. The wind blew and the waves gently greeted the shore. Three of us were grateful for the pink noses and rosey cheeks on our faces.
A hearty hike along the boardwalk had our hearts pumping, but I kept joking that the baby's bottom might get itchy from all the stroller bumping. Every board on the walkway made a daduh, daduh sound under the wheels of the stroller.
Destination #3: For dinner I was introduced to Mucho Burrito in Barrie. I ate the most delicious spicy salad bowl... the bowl was made with a tortilla, filled with lettuce, black beans, guacamole, cheese, pulled pork, veggies and hot salsa. Yum Yum.
On my way home, I knew that I had had the perfect day off, with a wonderful friend.
Bones the Bear is helping me to appreciate the fall colours, because occasionally this season can sadden me... it reminds me that winter is just around the corner.
The other day I went to visit another friend and she wanted to tell me a story of one of my prayer bears. You see, I knit these faceless teddies and send them to people all around the world. So far I have knit 135 bears. Each one takes approximately nine hours... so I am unable to send them out as often as I wish. They are symbols that I have prayed for the person that is receiving the bear, and often when people see them, they say a little prayer for me too.
Well, my dear friend told me that she uses this bear while counselling children. The kids hold the bear tightly to feel more comfortable, or they speak about what facial expressions the bear might have, to express the feelings that are inside of them. What a blessing!! God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment