Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Friday, May 1, 2009

Tim Told me to Tell You

Last week I had no internet and I wrote up a very long blog letter... which I still hope to post once I get back to Soroti, but now I am down country in Kampala. The Sliedrechts and I are spending three days here buying groceries, furniture, going to the Indian Embassy, and running errands.

From Monday to Wednesday we, as a team, went to Jinja for a spiritual retreat. It was a very encouraging time... to relax right beside the source of the Nile and spend time worshipping together. 12 of us were super pumped about being able to sing together in the fashion that we love more - simply with a guitar and accordian. We also gathered for Bible studies on emptying of ourselves, being filled with the Spirit, and going out to serve with the amazing love of Christ.

As a team we rented a boat and road up the Nile for an our. The resort we were staying at is right on Lake Victoria, but just two minutes away the Nile begins. We looked at beautiful trees and even caught a glimpse of a few monkeys in the trees, high up on a cliff. Absolutely stunning!

On Thursday morning I went to the Indian Embassy to begin processing a tourist visa. I will be attending a wedding in India in June. Nervously I left my passport at the embassy and they say it may take at least a week to process.

How do you buy furniture in Kampala? You find the furniture street and begin walking up and down... searching out the perfect simply made piece and then begin bartering for a reasonable price. Then, once the piece has been selected, walk all the way back to the van, with a strong man carrying your furniture, and tie it to the rack on top of the van. We purchased four bedside tables with drawers, a bathroom unit, and two dressers... all for the guest house I am living in.

Well, now I have to pack up my room. We are heading to the market before driving the six hours back to Soroti. I needed this little getaway... I am ready for action once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment