Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sunday

Every time I teach Sunday school I bring a bag of crayons that all the children share. I also give them half a sheet of paper and they are absolutely thrilled.
They don't sing my "North American" songs as loud as they sing their songs in Ateso, but they sure do love the actions. "Cast your burdens"

I also have three wonderful helpers who also help with translation, crowd control, and excitement.


This past Sunday a few of us were invited to share lunch with some of our Indian friends. They own a local supermarket here... we walked through the store to sit in their apartment. We sat on chairs that were later put back out front to be sold again. We ate off of plates that still contained the stickers, and whatever we wanted for drinks or condiments with our spicy Indian meal was just pulled off the shelf. It was a pretty cool experience. I learned a lot more about their Hindu beliefs and I hope to get to know them more as the year progresses. They are so excited about me traveling to India this weekend.




3 comments:

  1. I'll bet that was different. Pull off the shelf what you want and drink it. Just remember when your back here, "you eat it, you buy it" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must have been tons of fun. With regards to Sunday School, do you need some paper or crayons or anything like that sent over to you?

    Syl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you! Sylvia's idea to provide crayons/paper/supplies is such a great one. That would be a nice summer project for the girls... is there anything we could send as well?

    ReplyDelete