Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Monday, May 11, 2009

Exhausted

The footprints of some the kids in my Sunday School class.
Last week I was asked to teach a session on prayer to a local women's group. When I arrived at 9:30 on Saturday morning, there were 21 women seated on papyrus mats while I had to sit on a chair behind a desk with a lacy tablecloth. The women were so excited to have me come. They called me "preacher" and they called me "Bishop" as I was seated there and that part I hated, but it was really neat sharing my simple perspective and research on prayer. I had no idea that my 45 minute Bible study would turn into an all day affair. After I spoke the women separated to pray alone for 20 minutes and then we all came together and shared prayer requests. Then it was decided that we would pray over everyone's requests... well, I had goosebumps. They were singing, they were seeking God. Tears, joy, demanding, interceding.... these women were amazing and I wondered why I was there. But the women said they were blessed by my perspective and that I had taught them a few things... especially about adoration and confession, and not just demanding things of the Lord.

Then Saturday night I had another 22 people in my living room for praise and worship. I find singing and praying really refreshing.

Sunday morning I taught 90 plus children the story of the "Tower of Babel" and they did a presentation in church. It was super cool to sing "The Wise Man Built his House upon the Rock"!

And then last night, after just posting on Facebook that people should pray for rain here, the thunder started to roar and lightening could be seen in the distance. My team-mates and I sat around a campfire and cooked hotdogs and smores for Mother's Day. Around midnight the skies decided to let the rain fall from the clouds and it was simple amazing. A huge answer to prayer for all the dry and thirsty crops here.... and it rained ALL night. How would I know? Well, I was freezing and wide awake between 2 and 4 so I peeled mangos and made mango juice while watching a movie in the middle of the night.

So then today I taught school in the morning, raced to the market for a few groceries, and spent an hour preparing lunch for 5 people who work in a Support Development office next door. From there I went to mentor a friend on how to teach children's ministry... and by 5 I decided I needed to quit running for the day. I am absolutely exhausted, but glad that my days are getting fuller. I do have a purpose here, and for that I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment