Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Sunday, August 5, 2012

Preparing Meals

Thinking that my friend Jasi was moving back to India today I invited her whole family over for lunch yesterday.  I made a delicious curried cabbage pasta and served it with chapati and watermelon.  It was so fun inviting not just the girls, but everyone over for lunch.  Papa came in his white suit, with an orange turban on his head.  Noor tied a bandana around his head.  This time, 10 month old baby Armaan came with the cutest bundle of white cloth over his growing hair. 

I learned two things.  One... Jasi isn't leaving me yet - a plane ticket hasn't arrived from India, and it's too hot there for baby Armaan to travel.  And second... the family has been living in Uganda for 5 years and they have never been invited to someone's home for lunch.  Wow, I am shocked.  They are such sweet people, and they give out of their poverty, but I can tell you now... it won't be another five years before they are invited again.

Oh, and a funny thing happened.  The priest had been asking me where I go for prayers (church) and then Raji asked me what are my favourite foods.  Noor then asked me what I thought was "What do you pray for?"... but what he was really asking "What do you prefer?"  You should have seen his face when I started talking about talking to God and worshipping Him!!  :)

Today I had a few scrabble players over for lunch.  I made yummy pork muchomo, greens, and rice, and let the guys play in my home for a few hours, but the best part was that three of them decided to join me at prayers this morning.  They haven't been to church in ages and they had much to discuss about the sermon.  While walking back to my house from church there were tons of questions and while waiting for more players to come, I was able to share my testimony.  The Lord is good.

Now I need to head to bed... in the morning I am bringing an old lady to the clinic for treatment and then I'm off to visit a new born baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment