Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Sunday, January 22, 2012

Dancing with the Sand

Another adventure into the unknown.
Traveling with Pius (the man who dreamed about naked evangelists) and my neighbour, Betty.
Destination: Kaberimaido
Purpose: to meet with 7 pastors to discuss an Evangelism Explosion course / training.
What does this have to do with dancing and sand?
Well, turning off of a nicely tarmacked road, I went south on a very sandy road.
Dust storms circled the car.
The Subaru would occasionally fish tail in the thicker trails, especially if I was passing a motorcycle or trying to overtake another big vehicle.
I actually enjoyed it... the ride was smooth, and I felt like I was driving in snow. 
My passengers thought it was like driving on the beach.
After a one hour journey, we pulled into the church compound and sat down for a well-organized meeting.  The pastors were very excited to have an Evangelism training and also were asking guidance on how to do children's ministry.  They want me to plan for a four or five day course and I'm super excited about it.  I even plan on staying in that village throughout the workshop time.
After one hour of discussion, the three of us hopped back in the car, popped in a worship CD and danced our way home in the sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment