Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Double Desserts

It's not to often that I go all out and follow my meals with desserts, but today I did.... and not just once.... TWICE!
This morning I gathered with my co-workers for my final team meeting at the group home where I have served for the past 6.5 years.  I started choking up as they prayed for me, wished me well, and made the most delicious Good Bye cake ever.... cream cheese, jam, home-made yumminess.  (I still have six shifts left, but it was nice to be with the whole gang.)
After purchasing six shipping totes, for packing, from a local hardware store, I drove into Newmarket to have dinner with a good friend from church.  After my flavourful Paella, we ordered dessert, but I think we ordered too much.  A colossal brownie on top of ice cream and peanut butter cups / skor on frozen yogurt... yum yum.  We kept reminding ourselves that I wasn't going to have these treats in a couple of weeks.  :)  I love getting together with friends and breaking bread together.

Week 6. Our Spiritual Future
Day 3: November 1

Read: Galatians 5:22-26
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.  Against such things there is no law.  Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.  Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.  Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other."

Today we pray for:
That Bethel will be a friendly, warm, welcoming, generous and hospitable church in our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment