Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Preparing for Departure

Hello faithful readers,
I thought it was time to write some more and fill you in on what's happening in my world... the time changed this weekend, but instead of sleeping in, my body has decided to get up between 5:30-6:30 every morning.  Actually, it is probably more that my MIND won't stop running.  I am trying to get so much done because I am leaving for Uganda in 20 short days.  I-Yi-Yi!
Here is a glimpse into my mind:
Already been done:
  • saw the International doctor and got my immunization shots
  • got rid of most of my belongings in Canada (besides what I am taking with me - very little will go into storage)
  • spoke in Acton and Etobicoke churches, for support and encouragement
  • wired money to pay for my "new" vehicle - a Subaru Forester - in Uganda
  • called all credit and debit card companies to make sure the dates won't expire or the numbers get blocked while I live in East Africa
  • talked Home Hardware into giving me a deal on shipping totes and have started to pack three of them for the plane already.
  • recovered from my tonsillectomy
  • raised almost all of my needed funding for the long-term mission field.
  • have written tons of "thank you" cards... I think I am caught up.
What needs to be done:
  • pick up my malaria pills and other medications from the pharmacy.
  • confirm my flight details for a departure on Nov. 29th... landing Nov. 30th!!
  • visit a few friends and family members close to Lake Huron.
  • speak at Hamilton District Christian High on Friday - a 15 minute Remembrance day speech, focusing on former child soldiers and hope for Uganda.  Nov. 11th
  • work two more shifts at the group home - pray for peace, as I am saying good-bye to four special young adults in my life, and an amazing team of co-workers, after 6.5 years
  • speak in Williamsburg CRC for support on Sunday, November 13th.
  • finish knitting one more teddy bear.
  • write approximate 500 letters to supporters and friends.
  • still looking for supporters who are willing to sponsor me :)  Go to www.iteams.org and I will thank God for you!!
  • put a stop on my OHIP because I am leaving the country - (Ontario Health Insurance Plan)
  • get my International Driver's license.
  • attend my last "Writer's Nest" meeting on Nov. 15th.
  • do some last minute shopping for: personal hygiene supplies, a digital recorder, a video/camera, sheets, scissors, first aid kit, sunscreen, bug spray, iron tabs, and possibly a laptop... and more.
  • pack all of my belongings and make sure each piece of luggage is 23 kg.
  • have a Confirmation Service at my church in Newmarket on Nov. 27th, with a potluck to follow, Open House in the afternoon, and a intimate family dinner with my siblings, niece and nephews, parents, and grandparents.
  • try to visit people to say good-bye
Well, now you know how to pray and support me in the next 20 days... wow, what a ride!

1 comment:

  1. So excited that you are heading back to Ug soon!! I know how much your heart has been longing for this time. Praying you will enjoy each minute fully here before you go. Part of my heart wishes I was going back with you - but God knows those dreams, so I will trust them to him. :) Blessings my friend!

    ReplyDelete