Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wash Me


One big toe slips under the shower curtain, braving the temperature testing, and realizes that the water is perfect for the rest of the body to join. Water splashes down from above - washing off the dirt and dead skin. With a little help from a cloth and a bar of soap, the extra grime, stickiness, and stains disappear and wash away down the drain. Like so many other bathers, a song pops in to my head... "Wash me and I shall be whiter than snow!"


It dawned on me that it's not about how hard I work at becoming clean, or striving to be good. Grace is all about God and His precious Son, Jesus. Continually I need to ask for the Holy Spirit to come in, cleanse me, renew me, and guide me so that I can live a life that stays away from the dirt stains and sticky saps.

"Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow." Psalm 51:2,7

"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless." Ephesians 5:25-27

No comments:

Post a Comment