Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Thursday, June 17, 2010

Tea Time Reposted

Twisting off the lid to the thermos, I’m inviting you to sit and have a cup of spiced milk chai with me as I tell you about the latest happenings in my life. No need to add sugar, because it comes already sweetened. And so are the days of my life, each a sweet blessing from the Lord of all, the Great Provider.
December 18th found me on a journey with my dear friend Zima. We were traveling from Uganda to Kenya on an overnight bus. By noon on the 19th I was introduced to her family of 8. They live in a simple wooden home, filled with love, laughter, and conversation, in Chuka – near Mt. Kenya. Zima invited me to spend Christmas and New Year’s with her family. It has been a very peaceful time for me to read, reflect, and pray about the future.
My last few weeks in Uganda were filled with good-byes. Early November I finished teaching precious Lydia Shaarda (Congrats on a First Grade well done!) Then my Sunday school class threw an impromptu party for me – with worship, speeches, presentations, and a meal. Many neighbours dropped by for tea and I had fun delivering home-made Christmas cards to my friends, favourite shops, and work places in Soroti.
Last week I took a three day trip to Mombasa. I couldn’t spend 50 weeks in East Africa and not go Scuba Diving on the coast. It was absolutely worth it.
I hope you’ve been reading my blog to stay updated on delivering goats for an income generating project, or hanging out with many children, or handing out Bibles to my Princesses at the hostel, and so much more. www.karebear-lubbers.blogspot.com
Well, my tea is finished. I need to walk out to the water tap to rinse my cup, but I should first put on a pair of gum boots first because the rain turned the brown clay into very slippery, sticky mud.
May your days also be sweet and filling.
My cup overfloweth,
Karen Lubbers

No comments:

Post a Comment