Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Sunday, June 14, 2009

I'm loved

This morning I had to bike to my church for the first time. Usually I travel with my team-mates, but they were out of town, so I biked to Pamba Baptist church and arrived 25 minutes before the service was ready to begin. I was completely surprised and blessed by the welcome I received. Pastor Francis came out and gave me a hug and then when I walked in to the tiny church all the children came up and greeted me with a slight bow and a sweet handshake. Then about 10 women got up and also gave me big hugs.
During prayer and testimony time I shared about my trip to India and also how it was good to have a church to call home now. Pastor prayed for me for quite a few minutes and it was a real blessing. And then, when it was time to go off to another building for Sunday school, 75 kids followed me and were delighted that I was back. They truly missed their muzungu teacher. Four of the older girls even did a song presentation with "Welcome Back Karen"! It was just a good day to feel loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment