Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Wedding in India

I flew to India on May 30th to attend the wedding of Fred Thielke and Helga Joshua. Fred was a friend of mine from the Philippines.
I was able to visit a palace with a bus load of wedding guests.
Resting at the palace.

Here are my brothers from the Philippines. Fred, Matt, and Tim Thielke.
Showing off my Indian attire.
This is the area where three sources of water meet... Bay of Bengal, Arabian Sea, and the Indian Ocean. I was pretending to be in all three water sources at once.

Andrew, another guest, and I were the only friends that flew in on the groom's side, besides family. It was truly special.
We looked "Smart"!
All the girls got henna tattoos on their left hand.... mine is slowly fading away.
Rowena, Corrita, and myself.
Hello everyone!
We were able to play with and ride elephants. Rowena, who had never left the Philippines before, really wanted to see elephants, so we planned a secret day trip for her to be able to rid elephants. In order for Rowena to not find out what we were doing, we kept saying that we were going to find chickens. Big chickens, with tumors on their faces. :)
Getting my tattoo painted. O ya, Bones, my teddy bear came to India for some more exploring. He hopes to write a book this year.
Matt, Andrew, and I squish in to an auto rickshaw, which we called "tuk tuks" to get around Trivandrum, in the southern part of India.
All in all, an amazing 8 days - with trips to temples, a bamboo boat ride, elephants, shopping, and a ton of curried food.

2 comments:

  1. Woah! Your Indian dress is just beautiful and you look great in it! I'll have to make sure that Heather sees it! :0) Where did you pick it up? It must have been so neat that you could fly up from India to visit with the Theilke's that you knew in the Philippines but who are now in India. The world keeps getting smaller!!! Your cousin Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    I'm Helga's old friend from school in Dubai, Sabina. I've been wondering where she got to. If you're still in touch with her, please convey my regards to her and let her know I'm living in the US now! I can be contacted via Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter...you name it!

    ReplyDelete