Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Monday, June 15, 2009

Papa, I Shot a Birdie Today

Today my compound was filled with people all day because there were trainings happening in our garage. During the lunch hour many people were hanging around outside and we were explaining how to play golf to one of our new friends. The team had brought three golf balls and a putter with in their suitcases, so I was shooting around the yard.
One of the team-mates challenged me to hit the monkeys at the other side of the yard. Well, (Dad - you would be proud) I lined up super straight and the ball had some great steady lift off. Who knew that about 17 people would be watching at the time as the ball went sailing through the air and hit one of Tim's precious chickens? It knocked him in the butt and he squawked at me, but all was well. The crowd howled and I tried to see if Tim was watching or if I got away with it... but he saw and the laughter continued.
This was a refreshing moment in day full of activities - please see the other blog update that I wrote for the Plymouth Heights Team.

1 comment:

  1. Well you know with the game of golf there is always a tougher challenge ahead. You have your birdie but now you must try for your first eagle. I will admit that it is tougher but much more rewarding. Oh and the birdie was impressive but the chicken is lucky that it was not a hole in one.

    ReplyDelete