Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Saturday, June 13, 2009

Groceries

This morning I had to bike into town to grab a few groceries for the team that is staying at my house. It was my first time back to OM Supermarket since being in India, so I remembered to bring with me a little gift that I had brought the store owners from India. The store owners are Indian also, and they helped me get my Indian embassy things organized and they were almost more excited about my trip than I was.

Well, I walked into the store and right away saw Veba. She hardly speaks any English, but I gave her the small gift and she gave me a huge hug. I went on to buy a few boxes of cereal, yogurt, and bread and when I was paying for these few groceries, one of the young guys said that I was wanted at the back of the store.

Veba and Seetu have their home at the back of the store. Veba welcomed me in to sit on the bed, the only furniture in the room, and have a cup of chai and a spicy chapati. It was really a special time for me. We spent ten or so minutes trying to talk to eachother in very broken English. I showed her my left hand which was covered in henna tattoos... and then I noticed her right hand. Most of her fingers were covered in a very red dye. When I asked her what it was, she said she puts the dye on the head of her Hindu god every morning.

Once again I realized why the Lord has placed me in Uganda. There are still many people who do not know the truth of Jesus Christ. I hope that Veba and I can meet more often, as she wants to improve her English and maybe I will be able to more clearly share with her the love of God. Seetu also came in to the back room and with a big smile on his face, greeted me back to Soroti. A very sweet couple and wonderful business people. I respect them a lot. I left Veba when a friend of hers came to visit.... there was no way I could understand Hindi, so I made my exit and continued on running errands in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment