Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Friday, April 11, 2014

Swallowship

 The final days are wrapping up at the moment... and I have been incredibly blessed with the sweetest of "Thank You's". 
On Thursday night I was invited by the Freedom Boys at TECDEFO to come and have some swallowship with them.
 I had no idea that the boys who are living on the streets of Soroti wanted to have a meat roast with me... I was just told to come to the TECDEFO (Teso Children's Development Foundation) centre to meet with their leaders.
 With the help of International Teams, 6 boys are now taking a mechanics course and a few others are now attending primary or secondary schools... although they still spend their nights on the streets.
 We sat around a hot fire and chatted.
 The boys gave me the sweetest of Thank You cards... for sponsorship their mechanics training.








 I pray they get to know and believe in the light of Christ!
 The girls are also struggling to get through school...
 Then last night was Oil of Gladness night.
 At 7:30 pm a friend called and told me it was an emergency... I had to go to her house to pick her up and take her to the clinic.  I excused myself from the few band members who had come on time for Friday night practise, and 20 minutes later I came home to find the sitting room turned into a party zone... with food, drinks, and lots of people.
 The group gave speeches that humbled my heart and we shared cake in celebration of the last year that we've had together.  I'm going to miss this group every day for a few months.  We are already planning August times of singing and fellowship.
 The girls showered me with gifts.
 A wall hanging that says "A faithful friend is a strong defence, whoever has found one has found treasure."
And a new dress.  I am blown away by the love of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment