Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Saturday, April 19, 2014

Initial Thoughts

I want to share with you all some of my first initial thoughts as I culturally reverse back into Canada.  These are completely random because jetlag can confuse the brain:
  • There is way too much perfume being sold at London Heathrow, and I would never buy an expensive handbag sold there.  But I did enjoy a taro bubble tea... I love those chewy drinks.
  • Canada is still cold.  I've seen occasional spots of snow, tucked in shady wooded areas or under bridges, but for the most part, I'm walking around in a sweater.  Although, I have thought that I would rather use a hole-in-the-floor pit latrine than sit on a chilly toilet seat.
  • Eating out is expensive, but petrol/gas is about equal.
  • I have missed hanging out with my family.  My sweet niece was attached to me all day yesterday.  She wore the elephant earrings I gave her last time I was home and asked tons of questions about Africa.  That sure melted this Auntie's heart!!
  • Snacks are too sweet and rich, but the food tastes so much more delightful.
  • Driving on the right side of the road has been good again, although I keep getting the blinkers and the windshield wiper mixed up.  And hopefully I won't mess with the automatic gear shift since I'm so used to driving a manual stick.
  • It was great celebrating Communion with my parents at Dad's church in St. Thomas. 
  • Canadians love my blue hair, but they have no idea what extensions are... do you know how many have asked me how I was able to dye a few braids a brilliant blue.

  • Laundry is done so much faster here, but either I have eaten too much in the past four days or the dryer shrinks my clothes.
  • Running shoes hurt my feet and I miss my sandals.
  • I wonder if my twins are doing well or if they understand that I will be gone for more than a few days.
  • I wish I could sing with Oil of Gladness on Friday night.
  • It's good to be in Canada and I'm excited to share God's stories with the churches here!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment