Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Thursday, October 28, 2010

Australia for a day!

Today was truly eventful.  I had a tiresome 13 hour flight from LAX and landed at 7 am in Brisbanne, Australia.  I went through customs... and delightfully the airport kept my bags checked so I could explore the city on foot.  I bought a train ticket into the city and by 8:45 am I was ready to explore the city.

First I went to St. John's church and reverently meandered through the beautiful place of worship. 
Then off for a long stroll through the botanical gardens, where I glimpsed iguanas, immense trees (jacarandas are my favs for today), and listened to thousands of birds. 
Crossing the river on a foot bridge I strolled South Bank - with parks, restaurants, and I decided to take an hour and a half ferry that described the history of Brisbanne.  Grabbed fish cakes on the River City Cruise.
Slowly made my way through the Queensland Art Gallery, and then walked back through the famous Anne Street shopping district.  My shoulders are tired from lugging around my carry-on, but I am once again at the airport... and hour away from the next stage of my journey.  Hopefully Brooke gets my room cleaned up before I arrive.  :)
This was one of my favourite paintings at the art gallery, showing off the jacaranda tree I loved today.
This is a very brief glimpse of my day in Australia.  When I have more time for internet I will post pics and better descriptions... I just want to make sure my family knows I am alive - and loving it!!

1 comment:

  1. Karen is having way to much fun and if you don't slow down you will have to come home early. There are no special concession to be made. Rules apply even in the southern hemisphere. Signed: Seriously, Papa Bear.

    ReplyDelete