Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Saturday, May 16, 2009

Simple Sayings



Ugandans love to ask "How are you?" and the answer is always "Fine". Sometimes, they will even say, "Muzungu! Hi! I am fine." and it cracks me up. Well, the other day, dear sweet Moses came over to visit me. He gently said, "Knock, Knock Aunt Kawen". I said, "Come on in". He came running over, gave me a big hug, and said, "I luff you Aunt Kawen".


Then he asked, "How are you?" and I thought it would be fun to play with him a little, so I said, "Moses, today I am not doing so well." He scrunched up his face, thought for a moment, and then with a squeaky voice questioned, "Fine?" I had a good chuckle.
P.S. Avalien loves to do my hair everyday. :)

On a more serious note... yesturday morning I went out for a walk to find all the keys that had disappeared out of my pocket. I had no idea there was a hole in my pocket and I lost my house, gate, bike, and mailbox keys. Anyways, I tried to walk the same route I had traveled the night before, in search of these silly keys. I wasn't feeling well either so that didn't help. I have no idea what my face was looking like but my neighbour and "brother" Denis saw me coming up the road. He greeted me by saying "Sister, what are you doing?" I told him my situation, and he said, "You shouldn't be so stressed. I haven't had work for a whole year and I haven't killed myself." Well, that quickly changed my mood. Ya, why worry about a few keys.

This morning I bought new padlocks for the house and gate and spoke to the post office. All is well, and now I know how to pray even more clearly for Denis. He is busy studying paliative care and is one of the sweetest men I have ever met. He is about to become a first time daddy in July and I am excited for him!

2 comments:

  1. perspective is a great thing isn't it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just LOVE reading this blog while you are in Rwanda. i have applied to iTeams Rwanda ...perhaps i will see ya someday! :)

    ReplyDelete