Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Saturday, July 14, 2018

An Honest Moment

There are days or weeks as a missionary, or a foreigner living in a far away land, where things never go according to plan or desire.  There are moments when the culture of a country can drive you to your knees in prayer.  There a so many unexpected opportunities, requests, and challenges.  For the past few weeks I've been feeling kind of numb in purpose and direction.
I am so glad that I have had visitors with me from Canada, "village mates" you could say. It's been an honor to show them Soroti and the area that I love so much.  But it's also been hard because ministry has been slower than normal and I feel like I am not doing enough.  I am praying for the Lord to open more doors for trainings or schools to teach in here.  I am praying for greater direction... especially as I head into a time of work permit renewal and NGO paperwork.
I thank God that I am feeling stronger, and now I would love the ministry moments to equal my strength... but I also know that I need to take care of my self and rest.  I have been... trust me!!
Please be praying for:
1. Internet in Uganda... rates are crazy and services are failing.  I haven't had stable internet in house for a month now and it's harder for communicating.  Also, social media is now being taxed.
2. My purpose and vision in life.  As much as I love the ministry in Soroti, I sometimes feel that maybe the Lord is opening new doors for me somewhere else.
3. Increase in ministry opportunities.  I want to serve the Lord and His people here more!!  Honestly, I want to encourage the leaders here to do all that God has called them to do.
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment