Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Thursday, September 6, 2018

Back in Motion

It took a while to get back into the swing of things here in Soroti.  When I first came back I wasn't quite healthy enough and then the Lord sent visitors to my home for two months... which helped to strengthen and encourage my body and spirit.  Together, with the Brinks, we loved on neighbour kids and often taught crafts at a local nursery school.
On the day that I brought Ryan and Jalyssa to the airport... I sold ScoobieDoo... the old Subaru.
The next evening, friends surprised me by clearing the car with customs and getting the LogBook put into my name... so the following photos are the new wheels!! 
 Her name is Einstein.  Crazy and Smart!! She is a twin to ScoobieDoo, but younger. 
 A stick shift, 2005 model with only 57,000 km on her.  Yeah!!
 From Japan to Soroti... I'm glad it worked out. 
 Here I am working with some teachers on creating Action Plans for their classrooms.
 A creative assignment was given to us by Diana Boot, a Resonate missionary, whom I love to partner with for Educational Care... although... at this point, I myself am still a student in EC.  :)
I was asked to lead devotions at the training.
One of my action plans for a module in Educational Care is to create a song and craft book for teachers to have as a resource.  Crafts are complicated to do in Soroti because of the lack of resources and finances.  So, along with 3 nursery school teachers, I have been coming up with craft ideas that are low-budget and made from locally found items (even items we would consider rubbish).  I've learned to up-cycle.  :)
 Frog and fly catchers made out of toilet paper rolls.
 Leaf art
 African letters
Water bottle pigs
(But construction paper and glitter glue are hard to find)

No comments:

Post a Comment