Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Friday, December 28, 2012

Boxing Day

As is the norm in Teso land, most people head home to the village for Christmas, so I was ecstatic when I was able to join my neighbour family for a celebration in Serere.  It was an honor to have them in my home on Christmas Day and then to celebrate in their home on Boxing Day.
 The Grandmother (Tata) welcomed up with a simple Christmas tree and a crate of sodas.
 Pork and goat were smoking over a hot batch of coals and many other foods were prepared once we arrived.  Together we sat around, rolling out chapatis or stirring pots of rice or plantain bananas.
 Family portrait time...
O wait, more people need to join in.  :) 
 I am drawn to pets of all sizes 
And love these twins very much...
my dear, sweet Opio and Ochan 
Sitting around - fellowshipping and watching the kids do magic tricks.  A very relaxing day spent with a family that I love so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment