Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Poetry Readings

Curling up on the cushy couch, I opened my ears to hear the poetry pieces that my friends from the Writer's Nest brought to share.  It has been a long time since I've written poetry, but I found an old journal from college days that had a few hidden treasures.  I'd like to share a few pieces with you.

... written Sunday, November 8, 1998:
It's alright to be a goose.
For then you are a part of a community.
You are never alone.
The leader is strong and breaks the wind.
Others follow behind within the current.
The followers "honk" to encourage the leaders.
How can I HONK?
When one bird gets weak or shot
Two swoop down til one recovers or dies.
Sometimes leaders switch and go to the back.
What can I learn from a goose?

... October 2, 1998
The world in a box,
A preacher once sang to me.
Every person in a box,
Far as the eye could see.
I don't want to be a shape
As all who are the same.
I want to be outstanding
To show my faith no shame.
Red, brown, yellow, black, and white,
Following Jesus is my plight.
I want to be a history maker,
So Lord, please, make me a world shaker!

No comments:

Post a Comment