Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Wednesday, December 22, 2010

An Italian Christmas

Last night I had a wonderful evening with my extended family.  Many of the Benjamins family clan gathered together to laugh, talk, taalkk, taaalllllllkkk, TALK, play, eat, and more.  This year we met at Brantford Christian School so that the younger generations could run around the gym or go sledding outside.  Earlier this year, I counted the clan with one of my cousins - we are now up to 71 energetic, intelligent, good looking people.  :)  So it was a huge crowd to feed last evening, even though only about 45 people were present.  We decided to do something easy this year and order Double Double Pizza or Al Dente's Italian Food.  Yum Yum.

Around 8:30 at night we circled the chairs and had a time of singing Christmas carols.  We even sung the traditional Dutch song of "Ere Zij God".  As I sat there, watching the family try to out do eachother with melodies,  I was filled with appreciation.  How amazing that we can all sing together, listen to God's Word and pray!  I am going to miss family Christmas' for the next two years, since I plan on being in Uganda... so this was a great send off Christmas party.

No comments:

Post a Comment