Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Sunday in Pamba

Aaron, the boy in the cast on runs to give me the biggest hug whenever I drop by the orphanage to see him. And David shows me his smug little smile.
Here is David, the LRA soldier I was telling you about earlier - maybe two weeks ago. God has been doing some amazing things in his life recently.
But, switching topics:
This morning I got on my bike and went to Pamba for church. It was one of my most difficult days teaching 76 children. Boys were fighting with sticks, others were tapping desks like they were drums, babies were crying, and kids were fighting... but they did pay attention when I brought out a basket for baby Moses to float in. After church my three translators and helpers invited me to spend the afternoon with their family in the village.

Here I am with Benjamin, Moses, and Carol... they are my helpers in Sunday school. They are energetic, caring, and siblings. :)

Patricia wants to learn early... how to do household chores.

Here is Teddy! She is the only child who races for my lap at church and then wants to be carried the whole time I am teaching Sunday school. When I went to her house today, though, she was super shy and spent an hour hiding at the door before finally coming out to play.

Teddy is now colouring with Josephine and Patricia.

Josephine was singing the cutest songs today and I am sorry that I shot the video sideways. It doesn't appear sideways on my camera, but it does on the computer... and I'm not so good with computers. But here she is singing "Telephone to Jesus!"

1 comment:

  1. Karen, please hug that little Josephine for me. She is adorable and I want to just squeeze her! Ok, hug them all, they are so sweet! I love the cheeky little grin on David.

    ReplyDelete