Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sleepover

On Monday night I had invited four special children to come over for a slumber party. This was arranged before I knew I would be spending a whole day in the village, but I didn't want to cancel. Grace, Lydia, Avalien, and Moses were so excited to come and spend the night with Auntie Karen. They came over for grilled cheese and baby corn. We played games, watched "Curious George", read tons of books, had a fun bath time, and sang lullabies all between 6:30 and (don't tell Mom) 9:30 pm. Actually Moses stayed awake until 11:15pm. He didn't want to sleep in his tiny tent and he sorted of wanted to go home, but he wasn't upset at all, so we just hung out until he finally crashed on the special orange bed in my room.
In the morning they all got up at 7 am to watch a bit more "Curious George" and we ate oatmeal that tasted like - chocolate chip cookies, or spice cake, or macaroni, or bedsheets, or trees, or whatever the kids thought was funny. They also all had magic wands and turned Auntie Karen into a variety of people that I acted out - a boy, a teacher, a giraffe, etc.
The party ended when Lydia and I had to bike to school at 9 am. (I went home to take a nap after school, since Gracie woke up twice in the night crying, but not waking.)

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like great fun! Maybe I will fly Jacob over for a sleepover. LOL

    ReplyDelete