Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Monday, August 3, 2009

Monday moments

This morning I was able to sleep in just a little because the Shaardas are still in Kampala, which means I am unable to tutor Lydia at the moment. So I slept in til 7:45 am and then got up to start preparing my Princess Bible study tonight. I am finishing the series of who Jesus is in the Book of John.
I quickly found a new project to occupy my morning. For the past few months I have been communicating with an agency in Kampala that was supposed to receive a huge shipment of books from Canada. Action International went through their shipment and felt that they could give some books to International Teams in Soroti. Well, last night 12 banana boxes full of Christian resources arrived from Kampala. A huge blessing to the ministries here.
Tim, Angie, and I spent the morning organizing the books in to piles such as: evangelism, leadership, biographies, devotionals, commentaries, Old Testament, New Testament, Family, etc. After the books were sorted in to piles I started stamping each book to say that it now belongs to Team Beyond in Soroti.
I want to say a special thanks to Bethel CRC, my home church in Newmarket, for continuing to donate books to the Christian Salvage Mission... it's through Bethel that this shipment arrived all the way to Soroti.

Of course, the back door of the resource centre leads to the front door of Denis and Stella's home, so I went to see precious baby Esther.
I decided to bake cookies for each of the Princesses tonight, and give them as soda, as a special treat for they have reached the end of another school term. So I baked a lot of cookies in the afternoon. Then I quickly biked to town to print off my Bible study materials and drop by the post office (no blessings there today).
At 5:15 Angie, Avalien, Sarah and I went to the Lion's Club for another vigorous hour of aerobics. This class has become a lot of fun... and I can tell I needed it. :)
I had a passion fruit and mango shake for dinner before the girls arrived for Bible study. The study was good. During prayer request time, Stella asked that we pray for her family, especially her mom, as she is sick and is stuck in the belief that witchcraft will heal her. Stella was praying that Jesus would become real to all of her family.
The girls finished the evening by sharing cookies and drinks, and looking at my pictures on the computer. They had never seen snow before, and couldn't believe that I could catch fish, or swim in caves, or drive a car. Awww, so much to learn. And I was able to show them some beautiful pictures of their own country.
Now it is 10 pm and time to unwind. Good night!



1 comment:

  1. There is mail coming, it just takes so long to get toyou. We mailed you some more the other day.

    ReplyDelete